The majority of the MASH team are volunteers. Why?
Because we believe one has to fix a wrongdoing.
Writers spend a lot of their time and best efforts on writing good stories. But they waste days, and in many cases weeks, searching for the right competition, matching the guidelines and submitting their stories to each competition one by one. They also have to pay a submission fee for someone to bother even reading their writing. After all this hard work, they receive no promises other than being read by a judge. And we find that unjust.
We believe that writers should be rewarded better. And this belief is shared across our team.
- we work day and night, from four different continents, to make MASH a place where writers can gain support and validation
- our jury members take their time to comment on each story and provide authors with constructive feedback at no charge
- there are no submission fees to our competition
- every shortlisted story gets published in our magazine and narrated by a professional voice artist – for free
- we have a blog which publishes only top-notch articles and interviews – not SEO-friendly content.
Donate to us
We can support more talented writers with your help. Please ask for our sponsorship packages: you can grant awards to our second and third winners, apply to volunteer, or simply donate to us to keep us going. You can donate via Paypal or Bitcoin.
Raise funds for us